State-of-the-Art CD-ROM Jukebox Management Software for Windows NT
Ottawa, ON Canada – March 1, 1999
KOM Networks is pleased to announce the newest member of the OptiStorm family of optical storage management products - OptiStorm CD - jukebox management software designed exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm CD is a separate module of KOM Networks' OptiStorm which is built on KOM Networks' 15 years of specialization in CD and optical storage technology and experience with more than 7,300 site installations.
OptiStorm CD's feature set is unmatched by any competitor. KOM Networks is the only developer that integrates its storage management software at the device level, providing full utilization of Windows NT security extensive capabilities. KOM Networks does not use a proprietary file system, hence the CD access is completely seamless and transparent to users. This latest release incorporates over 200 enhancements and important new features that further improve OptiStorm CD's ease-of-use and outstanding performance:
OptiStorm CD-ROM for Windows NT Features:
- Supports all major brands of CD-ROM jukeboxes and towers
- Exceptionally powerful caching system utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed
- Supports the ISO 9660 file system and executes through the standard Windows NT CD File System (CDFS)
- Mount Point Support that allows access to virtual disks configured as sub-directories under a single drive letter/name. UNC drive name support options also available
- Standard network access for all clients, including Windows, UNIX, MAC, Novell and Power MAC
- Advanced Windows GUI for easy installation, configuration and management
- Multi-threaded operation handles multiple access requests simultaneously for faster performance
- Support for remote administration with availability of licenses for 1, 5, 10, 50, and unlimited number of clients
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes and Towers on a single server
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.