This VMS-based, easy-to-use, storage management software application provides secure long-term storage and archive management capabilities of optical storage on VMS operating systems, enabling companies to meet their archival and regulatory requirements for managing data. Optical media can be managed as a standard magnetic hard drive and Direct-Write to a Magneto-Optical (MO) disk. Supports C2 level security and is specifically designed to meet data archival needs for mission critical applications.
Features & Benefits
- Long Term Archiving – Data can be transparently archived to WORM and Rewritable optical media.
- Secure – Supports C2 level security through HP Open VMS. Files can be programmed as Read-Only access to prevent data from being altered or modified.
- Enables Compliance – Directly-Writes to unalterable WORM media for legal admissibility and can be configured to enable organizations to comply with regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC 17a–4, HIPAA, DoD 5015.2 among others.
- Flexibility – Extends Open VMS to support non-standard optical storage technologies.
- Transparency – Solution is completely transparent as users continue to apply standard Open VMS commands to access data.
- Portability – Data created on self-contained media can be removed and stored offsite for disaster recovery.
Supported Operating Systems
- HP Open VMS
- HP VAX-based computers, servers and workstations
- HP Alpha servers and workstations
- Magneto-Optical Jukeboxes
- Standalone drives
- WORM, Rewritable, Ablative WORM