KOM's OptiServer software provides secure long-term storage and archive management capabilities for optical storage on UNIX operating systems, enabling companies to meet their archival and regulatory requirements for managing data. OptiServer enables compliance by writing data directly to a WORM disk for legal admissibility. There is no learning curve as OptiServer allows use of "already familiar" system commands and security features of the UNIX operating system to store data on optical media and jukeboxes. Many organizations such as NASA, Merrill Lynch, the Federal Election Commission and leading lottery organizations depend on OptiServer.
Features & Benefits
- Long-term Archiving – Data can be transparently archived to WORM and Rewritable optical media.
- Transparent Storage – OptiServer emulates optical disks as standard hard disks and allows administrators to use familiar UNIX system commands.
- Enables Compliance – OptiServer Directly-Writes to unalterable WORM media for legal admissibility and can be configured to enable organizations to comply with regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC 17a–4, HIPAA, DoD 5015.2 among others.
- Non-proprietary – OptiServer operates on a standard UNIX Platform and uses native file systems (UFS, ADVFS) and existing UNIX commands.
- Secure – C2 level security and user ID based access control is provided. Files cannot be tampered with or modified.
- Portability – OptiServer creates self-contained media volumes. Media can be removed and stored offsite for disaster recovery if needed.
Supported Operating Systems
- HP-UX 10.20 or higher
- HP Tru64
- Sun Solaris on Intel & SPARC
- HP 9000 servers and workstations
- HP Alpha servers
- Intel based servers and workstations
- Sun Microsystems workstations
- WORM Rewritable
- Optical Jukeboxes
- Standalone drives