State-of-the-art Optical Jukebox Management Software for
Ottawa, ON Canada – May 21, 1999
KOM Software announces it's latest release of OptiStorm Version 3.6, its industry-leading optical jukebox management software designed exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm is built on KOM Software' 15 years of specialization in optical storage technology and experience with more than 7,500 site installations worldwide.
OptiStorm's features are unmatched in the industry. KOM Software is the only developer that integrates its optical storage software as a device driver, providing full utilization of NTFS's extensive capabilities. KOM Software does not use a proprietary file system; hence the optical interface is completely seamless and transparent to applications users. This latest release incorporates enhancements and important new features that further improve OptiStorm's ease-of-use and outstanding performance:
- Supports CD-ROM, DVD, Magneto Optical Jukeboxes and stand-alone drives. Supporting WORM & Rewritable Magneto Optical, CD-ROM and DVD-RAM media.
- Standard network accesses for all clients, including PC, UNIX, MAC and Power MAC.
- Advanced Windows GUI for easy installation, configuration and management.
- Exceptionally powerful caching system utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed and levels 2 HSM functionality.
- Multi-threaded operation handles multiple access requests simultaneously for faster performance.
- Support for all NTFS and FAT attributes (actually exceeds NT's advanced C2 level security features).
- True volume spanning allows virtual disks of any size required (from single surface to entire jukebox).
- Support for assignment of drive names (unlimited) rather than drive letters (limit of 26).
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes on a single server.
- Volume labeling for simplified tracking of platters in volume sets. Software Developers Kit with powerful API interface library and "raw access" capability.
New Enhancements added in Version 3.6
- Improved WORM handling, allowing Windows NT to properly handle WORM media.
- Improved Mount Point Support.
- Improved Functionality and Speed.
- RESTRICTED WRITES:
Prevents files from being deleted, overwritten or altered, giving true WORM functionality, unmatched in the industry.
About KOM Software
KOM Software is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Software as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Software can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Contact Information:||KOM Software, Inc.