State-of-the-Art Optical Jukebox Management Software for Windows NT
Ottawa, ON Canada – November 12, 1998
KOM Software is pleased to announce the latest update of its industry-leading OptiStorm optical jukebox management softwaredesigned exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm is built on KOM Software' 15 years of specialization in optical storage technology and experience. OptiStorm's feature set is unmatched by any competitor. KOM Software is the only developer that integrates its optical storage software at the device level, providing full utilization of NTFS's extensive capabilities. KOM Software does not use a proprietary file system, hence the optical interface is completely seamless and transparent to users. This latest release incorporates over 200 enhancements and important new features that further improve OptiStorm's ease-of-use and outstanding performance:
- Supports all major brands of WORM/re-writable optical jukeboxes and stand-alone drives (including the new 5.2 GB format)
- Standard network access for all clients, including PC, UNIX, MAC and Power MAC
- Advanced Windows GUI for easy installation, configuration and management
- Exceptionally powerful caching system utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed and level 2 HSM functionality
- Multi-threaded operation handles multiple access requests simultaneously for faster performance
- Support for all NTFS and FAT attributes (actually exceeds NT's advanced security features)
- True volume spanning allows virtual disks of any size required (from single surface to entire jukebox)
- Support for assignment of drive names (unlimited) rather than drive letters (limit of 26)
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes on a single server
- Volume labeling for simplified tracking of platters in volume sets
- Software Developers Kit with powerful API interface library and "raw access" capability
New Enhancements added in Version 3.5
- Mount Point Support which allows access to virtual disks configured as subdirectories under a single drive letter/name.
- CD-ROM jukebox and tower support in Read-Only access (for now).
- Temporary activation (single-client access) for 72 hours without activation key.
- Flexible import/export capabilities with time-outs. Automatic re-creation of virtual disks. Automated import capability.
- Support for remote administration with availability of licenses for 1, 5, 10, 50, and unlimited number of clients. Remote administration includes the following features which are not available in Windows NT:
- Format remote disks
- NTFS or FAT
- Run Chkdsk on a remote disk
- Remote import/export
- Mount and dismount remote disk
- Mount point creation
- Create and delete shares
- Administer all OptiStorm servers on the network.
- Powerful new Express Wizard to handle the creation of virtual disks, including format, sharing and mount point creation.
- Read-Only access for rewritable MO volumes.
- Support for write-through caching.
- Improved media management.
- On-the-fly virtual disk mounting (virtual disks are mounted upon access -- not at boot time).
- Improved share management.
- On-Demand virtual disk recovery (OptiStorm can force a complete scan of the jukebox for existing virtual disks).
- On-the-fly virtual disk recovery.
- Ability to define system-wide defaults for virtual disks created by the Express Wizard.
- Improved and fine-tuned Graphical User Interface.
- Deleted partition recovery
About KOM Software
KOM Software is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Software as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Software can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Contact Information:||KOM Software, Inc.