"Support for new 5.2GB (8X) Magneto-Optical drive"
Ottawa, ON Canada – April 20, 1998
KOM Software is pleased to announce the latest update of its industry-leading product, OptiStorm 3.0, an optical storage manager designed exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm is built on KOM Software' 15 years of specialization in optical storage technology and its experience with more than 6000 site installations.
From its initial release in mid-1997, OptiStorm set a new performance standard for optical jukebox software. This latest release incorporates important new features that further improve OptiStorm's ease-of-use and outstanding performance:
- Support for new 5.2GB (8X) magneto-optical drives
* KOM Software is sector size independent and supports up to 2048 bytes
- Partition Management
These additions, plus numerous minor enhancements, make OptiStorm the fastest, most feature-rich and stable device driver in the industry.
OptiStorm's combination of features are unmatched by any competitor. KOM Software is the only developer that integrates its optical storage software at the device level, providing full utilization of NTFS's (WinNT File System) extensive capabilities. KOM Software does not use a proprietary file system, hence integration of this software is completely seamless and transparent to users.
Advanced features incorporated in OptiStorm 3.1:
- Support for all major brands of 3.5", 5.25", 12" & 14" rewritable, CCW and ablative WORM optical jukeboxes and stand-alone drives.
- Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 versions
- Advanced, graphical Windows GUI for easy installation, configuration , and management
- Support for all NTFS and FAT attributes, actually exceeding NT's advanced security features
- Exceptionally powerful caching system providing optional RAID, IDE or SCSI caching for HSM functionality and raw speed/li>
- Advanced partition management
- Standard network access for all clients, including PC, UNIX, MAC and Power MAC
- True volume spanning allows virtual disks of any size required from single surface to the entire jukebox
- Multi-threaded operation handles multiple access requests simultaneously
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes on a single server
- Volume labeling for simplified tracking of platters in volume sets
- Backward compatibility to all related KOM Software software products
- Software Developers Kit with powerful API interface library and with "raw access" capability
About KOM Software
KOM Software is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Software as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Software can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.