UNIX Based Jukebox Management Software
Ottawa, ON Canada – September 28, 1998
KOM Networks is pleased announce the latest release of our industry-leading product, OptiServer® 5.0, an advanced Optical Storage Manager designed for UNIX platforms. OptiServer® incorporates the expertise accumulated through 15 years experience and over 6000 site installations of KOM storage software products.
OptiServer® emulates a magnetic storage interface, making optical drives and jukeboxes appear and behave exactly like HDD (magnetic) drives. No other optical software is integrated at the device level, and only KOM Networks' OptiServer® is 100% compliant with the UNIX native file system (UFS). No proprietary file system is necessary.
OptiServer® 5.0 has a new advanced Graphical User Interface (GUI) for an easy and simplified installation and which gives the user a more powerful tool to control the optical device. In addition, OptiServer® 5.0 presents a more robust, "power failure safe" interface, allows remote administration and offers a full suite of library functions for software developers.
Some of the advanced features included in OptiServer® 5.0 Optical Storage Manager are:
- Support of all major brands of 3.5", 5.25", 12" & 14" MO rewritable and ablative WORM and CD jukeboxes and standalone drives.
- Support of all major versions of UNIX including HP-UX, Sun/Solaris, Digital UNIX and others (via NFS).
- Advanced UNIX GUI results in an easy installation, configuration & management.
- Disks can be logically mounted (jukebox appears as a single mount point).
- On-line import/export of media.
- Supports all UNIX native file system attributes, including security features.
- Unique "Time Travel" feature permits recovery of accidentally deleted WORM files.
- Software Developers Kit with powerful API interface library.
- Scaleable from a standalone drive to multiple jukeboxes.
- Backward compatibility to all KOM Networks software products.
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements. Contact us at 1-888-556-6462, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information. www.komnetworks.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.