KOM sets the standard with OptiStorm 4.0
Kanata, ON Canada – September 26, 1999
KOM Software announces the long anticipated release of OptiStorm v4.0, its industry-leading storage management software designed exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm is built on KOM's expertise resulting from over 15 years of specialization in optical storage technology and experience with more than 7,500 site installations worldwide. KOM Software is represented in over 30 countries worldwide and the OptiStorm family of product is sold through an exclusive channel of KOM Software strategic partners.
"KOM Software continues to produce the BEST Storage Management applications in the world. The feature set of OptiStorm v4.0 is unmatched in the industry and with our advanced Technologies, WE HAVE SET A HIGHER STANDARD WHICH OTHERS MUST TRY TO ACHIEVE," says Dr. Taher Shaath CEO of KOM Software.
OptiStorm v4.0 is truly a quantum leap in storage technology v4.0 not only supports a mixed OS environment but can also handle mixed devices and media, all daisy-chained through a single server. These include DVD, CD and Optical including WORM, RAID or any SCSI storage device.
KOM Software is the only developer that integrates its optical storage software as a device driver, providing full utilization of NT's extensive capabilities. OptiStorm allows the drives to be viewed using standard system tools such as Windows explorer. OptiStorm does not use a proprietary file system nor require a 3rd party database; hence the user interface is completely seamless and transparent to application users. This latest release incorporates enhancements and important new features that further improve OptiStorm's ease-of-use and outstanding performance:
OptiStorm v4.0 Features:
- Virtual Volumes with True Volume Spanning allows virtual disks of any size (from single surface to the entire enterprise) and allows an infinite number of drives to be added or removed.
- Offline Media Management permits tracking of archived media
- Drive Names (unlimited) rather than drive letters (limit of 26).
- Mount Points with User level security
- Media Pools allows pre-allocation of media to specific volumes or disks
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes on a single server.
- Client support for PC, UNIX, and MAC.
- Read-only access prevents files from being deleted, overwritten or altered, giving true WORM functionality
- Restricted Writes allows the creation of new files while securing existing data from being modified
- DVD, CD and Optical support for Jukeboxes and stand-alone drives. (over 1000 devices supported)
- File and Block level caching system utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed (unlimited size)
- Task Scheduling allows time-consuming events to be scheduled
- Flexible data migration rules allows migration by time, date, extension, file size, etc.
- Multi-threaded operation handles multiple access requests (read/write) simultaneously for faster performance.
- Software Developers Kit with powerful API interface library and "raw access" capability.
- Windows NT Cluster Support
- Remote Administration allows administrative tasks to be performed from any network desktop
- Invisible Drives add another unprecedented level of security to your Jukebox or Enterprise Storage Device
About KOM Software
KOM Software is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Software as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Software can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Contact Information:||KOM Software, Inc.