KOM Optistorm® - State of the Art Optical Storage Manager
Ottawa, ON Canada – May 1, 1997
KOM Software is pleased announce the release of our newest product, OptiStorm® 1.0, an optical storage manager which was designed exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm® was built on the 15 years experience and on the over 6000 site installations of KOM Software optical storage products.
In addition to the many advanced features not found as a single package within the industry, OptiStorm® has some additional features in its design that makes it unique in the industry. ONLY the KOM Software optical storage management software is integrated at the device drive level and is the only one that is 100% NTFS (WinNT File System) compliant. KOM Software does not use a proprietary file system, hence integration of this software is completely transparent and seamless. The result is that rewritable or WORM media are written using NTFS.
Some of the advanced features of the OptiStorm® optical storage manager are:
- Support of all major brands of 3.5", 5.25", 12" & 14" MO rewritable and ablative WORM for jukeboxes and stand alone drives.
- CD-Rom support (Aug. 97 release / OptiServer CD NT3.51 interim product)
- Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0
- Advanced Windows GUI results in an easy installation, configuration & management
- Native file system for NTFS and FAT including attributes such as security and data integrity and supports FAT
- The most intelligent and high sophisticated caching system providing optional magnetic (RAID) caching (Aug. 97 release) for level 2 HSM type functionality
- Standard network access from all clients including PC, Mac, UNIX and PowerMac
- True volume spanning within jukebox
- API interface library "SDK" for developers
- Multithreaded - the ability to manage and manipulate multiple drives
- Provides volume labeling
* Backward compatibility to all KOM Software software products
About KOM Software
KOM Software is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Software as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Software can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Contact Information:||KOM Software, Inc.