KOM's OptiStorm v4.0, Enterprise Storage Management Software for Windows NT/2000, Provides Enhanced Performance and Scalable Storage for e-Business
Ottawa, ON Canada – April 3, 2000
KOM Networks announces the long anticipated open launch of OptiStorm v4.0 (at AIIM 2000 in New York NY, April 9-12, 2000 – Booth 3327), its industry-leading storage management software designed exclusively for Windows NT/2000. OptiStorm is built on KOM's expertise resulting from over 17 years of specialization in storage management technology and experience.
OptiStorm v4.0 is a quantum leap in storage technology, v4.0 not only supports a mixed OS environment but can also handle mixed devices and media, within a SAN or daisy-chained through a single server. These include DVD, CD, and Optical including WORM, RAID or any SCSI storage device.
KOM Networks is the only developer that integrates optical storage software as a device driver, providing full utilization of NT's extensive capabilities. OptiStorm allows the drives to be viewed using standard system tools such as Windows Explorer. OptiStorm does not use a proprietary file system nor require a 3rd party database; hence the user interface is completely seamless and transparent to application users. This latest release incorporates enhancements and important new features that further improve OptiStorm's ease-of-use and outstanding performance.
"KOM Networks continues to produce the BEST Storage Management applications in the world. The feature set of OptiStorm v4.0 is unmatched in the industry and with our advanced Technologies, we have set a higher standard which others must try to achieve" stated Dr. Taher Shaath, CEO of KOM Networks.
This new version of OptiStorm offers complete data security for the Windows 2000 based STORAGE SOLUTION as well as the new file system changes that include disk quotas, encrypted files, Distributed File System, hierarchical storage management, Volume Mount Points, Directory Junctions and Remote Storage devices. KOM Networks' OptiStorm incorporates updated disaster recovery, Clustering, Virtual Volumes with True Volume Spanning allows virtual disks of any size (from single surface to the entire enterprise) and allows an infinite number of drives to be added or removed, Read-only access prevents files from being deleted, overwritten or altered, giving true WORM functionality, Restricted Writes allows the creation of new files while securing existing data from being modified, DVD, CD, and Optical support for Jukeboxes and stand-alone drives (over 1000 devices supported), File and Block level caching system utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed (unlimited size), and Direct READ and WRITES to the Media.
"Cluster support is an essential component of OptiStorm v4.0 for clients who demand continuous availability of business/mission-critical data." stated Kamel Shaath, Vice-President of Development for KOM Networks. "We continually strive to provide our clients with the most advanced and stable storage environment available", he continued. "OptiStorm is the only Storage Management application providing cluster support for storage systems such as MO, CD and DVD Jukeboxes, Tape Silo's and enterprise RAID systems within a single application"
Why is clustering important? Clustering protects against applications and hardware failures. Windows 2000 Advanced and Datacenter Servers integrate Microsoft Cluster Services to deliver higher levels of service and availability. Microsoft Cluster Services monitors the health of standard applications from many common types of failure. A graphical management console lets administrators visually monitor the status of all resources in the cluster and move workloads around with simple point-and-click actions.
As a developer of Storage Management drivers for Windows 2000, KOM Networks has developed OptiStorm to intelligently migrate data, providing complete storage management and disaster recovery for Windows 2000 based storage devices.
"Our New enhancements to OptiStorm for Windows 2000 include disaster recovery, clustering and new fault tolerant capabilities. As the pioneers of the Storage management industry we feel it necessary to ensure our clients have leading edge storage solutions for today and tomorrow" stated Kamel Shaath, Vice President of Engineering for KOM Networks.
OptiStorm v4.0 Features:
- Virtual Volumes with True Volume Spanning allows virtual disks of any size (from a single surface to the entire enterprise) and allows an infinite number of drives to be added or removed
- Offline Media Management permits tracking of archived media
- Native File Systems (not proprietary) 100% true NTFS or UDF
- Drive Names (unlimited) rather than drive letters (limit of 26)
- Mount Points with User level security
- Media Pools allows pre-allocation of media to specific volumes or disks
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes on a single server
- Client Support for PC, UNIX and MAC
- Read-only Access prevents files from being deleted, overwritten or altered, giving true WORM functionality
- Restricted Writes allows the creation of new files while securing existing data from being modified
- DVD, CD and Optical (including R/W and WORM) support for Jukeboxes an stand-alone drives (over 1000 devices supported
- File and Block Level Caching System utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed (unlimited size)
- Task Scheduling allows time-consuming events to be scheduled
- Flexible Data Migration rules allows migration by time, date, extension, file size, etc
- Multi-threadedOperation handles multiple access requests (read/write) simultaneously for faster performance
- Windows NT Cluster Support
- Remote Administration allows administrative tasks to be performed from any network desktop
- Invisible Drives add another unprecedented level of security to your Jukebox or Enterprise Storage Device
Who uses KOM Networks' Solutions.... The World does.
- BorsodChem Corp., Hungary is one of the largest manufacturers of suspension PVC powder in Central and Eastern Europe
- Shell Oil Products , with $20 Billion in assets and annual sales of $100 billion
- Banco Hipotecarios S.A. , Argentines largest Mortgage bank with 4.67 billion in assets
- Degussa-Hüls AG is one of the world's leading specialty chemical companies with more than DM 20 billion in sales and 45,000 employees
- Lucent Technologies with 153,000 employees worldwide is a leader in wireless technology
- R.R. Donnelly & Sons, the premier North American commercial printer and information services company
- Johns Hopkins University who's School of Medicine ranks first among medical schools
- Department of National Defence, Canada
Information on availability and pricing will be announced during AIIM 2000.
OptiStorm.... How the world stores data
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.