KOMworx Governance Edition enables regulatory compliance
Simple, affordable, and adaptive Information Lifecycle Management
Ottawa, ON Canada – October 14, 2004
KOM Software,Inc., a leader in innovative storage management and archiving software solutions announced today the latest release of its flagship KOMworx software - KOMworx Compliance Edition (CE). KOMworx CE adds many new features that extend the rich set of capabilities already part of the storage management software, including strong, agile support for enabling regulatory compliance.
In today's market economy compliance is no longer an option. Regulations are increasingly becoming more complex and taxing on the organizations scarcest resources, the IT department. This level of complexity will continue to grow as law-makers strive to appease the skepticism of an increasingly scrutinizing public that has been plagued with a number of high profile financial scandals. Organizations are now scrambling to comply to avoid sanctions and huge fines.
KOMworx CE is the ideal solution for business and mission critical application users who are faced now, more than ever, with a litany of laws and compliance regulations. KOMworx CE will enable them to achieve compliance, utilizing their existing resources, infrastructure and applications.
KOMworx CE is the ultimate companion for application vendors who have to deliver solutions amid a litany of laws and regulations. Applications such as Document Management Systems (DMS), Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Records Management Systems (RMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Financial Systems can benefit immediately from KOMworx CE.
Business and mission critical application users and vendors can utilize KOMworx CE to achieve a robust, cost-effective and comprehensive response to compliance needs such as SEC 17a, HIPAA, DoD 5015.2, FDA 21 CFR Part11, Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), European Union Data Directive, Financial Services Modernization Act, US Patriot Act, PIPEDA, Basel II, FAA, NASD and NARA.
KOMworx Compliance Edition Benefits include:
The KOMworx CE retention, preservation and protection policies transparently enforce regulatory compliance policies without having to adjust any applications or impact the users. KOMworx is the ideal adaptive Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) platform that continuously adapts to changes, enabling any combination of customer-driven rules and policies without impacting the users and applications.
KOMworx CE can protect and preserve files throughout the repository enabling transparent WORM archiving of files even on hard disk.
KOMworx CE provides the ideal platform to archive files and maintain multiple copies on hard disk and regulatory compliant optical storage media, combining the benefits of both technologies to deliver hard disk performance with optical permanence, agility and reliability.
High Availability – Replication & Duplication:
KOMworx CE includes the automated capability to maintain multiple replicas of any file transparently. Coupled with its e-WORM++ and media duplication capabilities, KOMworx CE offers the ultimate in reliability and availability. KOMworx CE transparently accesses and manages multiple copies of files stored online, offline and off-site, enabling the customer to maintain business continuity.
Reduce Backup time:
KOMworx CE built-in policies allow files to be retained and archived permanently, reducing the need to continuously backup large numbers of fixed-content business-critical files.
Key functionality is locked-down in the "Compliance Edition" ensuring reliable adherence to regulatory compliance requirements. KOMworx CE incorporates comprehensive and flexible support for WORM storage, providing users with the most cost-effective, prudent and automated compliance to the strictest document protection regulations such as SEC 17a. With this edition, protected documents are automatically replicated on magnetic storage and protected with the e-WORM++ technology to ensure the best performance and conformity.
"This year marks KOM Networks' 35th year in business. Over the past twenty years we have built a resilient family of new and innovative products, with a forward thinking vision and commitment to bringing the best and most cost-effective storage management software products to our customers. This latest version is a testament to the ingenuity and innovation of our dedicated staff. We will continue in our efforts to deliver the ultimate value, flexibility and effective solutions for our customers ever-changing storage management needs," says Dr. Taher Shaath, CEO of KOM Networks.
KOMworx Compliance Edition Features:
Simplified Storage Management
- Single Namespace volumes that span across technology and connectivity
- Combine and utilize disparate technologies transparently, to effectively use available capacity and exploit the strengths of the various storage technologies
- Remote Administration
Extended Data Protection
- Enhanced file and Directory protection policies
- Protection against file altering viruses
- Prohibit modifications to files and directory paths due to application and user errors
- Protection against malicious acts
Comprehensive Retention & Compliance
- e-WORM provides electronic archiving to hard disk storage
- e-WORM++ archiving combines the best of both technologies hard disk and optical to provide a resilient robust archiving combination
- Secure Erasure of deleted and obsolete files to conform to secure compliance regulations such as DOD 5015.2
- Privacy support to secure access to personal and financial information in conformance with HIPAA, PIPEDA and other privacy laws and acts
Adaptive Information Lifecycle Management
- File Lifecycle policies automatically assign protection and retention policies that manage, control and preserve the files from creation until destruction
- Real-time policy engine that adapts dynamically to changes in demand and storage requirements
- Automated data migration policies manage the storage tiers and locations of the files throughout their existence
Ensuring Business Continuity
- Automated File Replication on hard disk storage resources
- Media duplication of removable media for off-site storage
Dynamic Capacity Management
- 'On the fly' configuration of storage resources without interrupting data access
- Storage pooling and policies to optimize storage resource management
- Transparently upgrade or re-use storage devices dynamically
- Expand capacity dynamically across disparate and incompatible storage technologies
- Contract capacity on the fly to free-up underutilized resources and dynamically retire aging, failing or inadequate hardware
Advanced Removable Storage Management
- Support industry leading technologies CD/DVD/MO/UDO and PDD
- Transparent file level caching of optical media for fast performance
- Simplified offline Media Management
Transparent Flexibility, Zero Integration Effort
- KOMworx volumes are simple to implement and use standard system tools and interfaces the users are already familiar with
- Completely transparent to all users and applications
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.