OptiStorm® supports DVD-RAM Format
Ottawa ON, Canada – April 12, 1999
KOM Networks is pleased to announce its support for the DVD-RAM format within the OptiStorm family of optical storage management products.
OptiStorm DVD, jukebox management software designed exclusively for Windows NT, will be a separate module in KOM Networks' OptiStorm family of products which is built on KOM Networks 15 years of specialization in optical storage technology and experience.
OptiStorm DVD's feature set borrows from its award winning OptiStorm Magneto-optical product and is designed to truly enhance the capabilities of the DVD-RAM format.
OptiStorm DVD for Windows NT Features:
- Supports for major brands of DVD-RAM jukeboxes and stand-alone drives
- Non-proprietary format; support for all NTFS and FAT attributes (actually exceeds NT's advanced security features)
- Standard network access for all clients, including PC, UNIX, MAC and Power MAC
- Advanced Windows GUI for easy installation, configuration and management
- Exceptionally powerful caching system utilizes RAID, IDE or SCSI partitions for raw speed and level 2 HSM functionality
- Multi-threaded operation handles multiple access requests simultaneously for faster performance
- True volume spanning allows virtual disks of any size required (from single surface to entire jukebox)
- Support for assignment of drive names (unlimited), drive letters (limit of 26) and mount points
- Daisy-chaining of multiple jukeboxes on a single server
- Volume labeling for simplified tracking of platters in volume sets
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements. Contact us at 1-888-556-6462, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information. www.komnetworks.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.