State of the Art Back-Up Utility for Windows NT
Ottawa, ON Canada – January 24, 1998
KOM Networks is pleased announce the release of our newest software product, OptiBac® 1.5. KOM Networks has made network backup simple with an innovative, yet flexible, network-wide disk to disk back-up utility designed to maximize performance with optical storage sub-systems, in addition to other storage mediums. Designed to compliment KOM Networks award winning OptiStorm® Jukebox Management software, OptiBac® was built on the 15 years experience and on the over 6000 site installations of KOM Networks optical storage products.
Key to OptiBac® 1.5 unique approach to network wide back-up is to allow direct access to the file system and will allow enhanced flexibility, such as the ability to create back-up sets and give the administrator the option of a full back-up, incremental back-up or differential back-up.
- Automatic Scheduling:
* Users can schedule daily, weekly or monthly backups
* Full Backup
* Incremental Backup
* Differential Backup
- Ease of use:
* Graphic control of all functions
* Colored icons graphically display events & progress
- Users can customize their backup to suit each File/User's needs, by offering a comprehensive list of options such as:
* Backup by date
* Backup by filter
* Backup by size
* Backup of event log
* Verify after backup
- Provides direct network backup bypassing Backup Manager:
* Verify source file and backup file before restoration
- OptiBac 1.5 is available as:
* Stand alone utility for network wide, single server environment
- On-line help file for main operations:
* Easy to use
- Structured backup:
* Performs backup from disk to disk
- Flexible file restoration:
* Allows user to select any file, directory, backup group to be restored to the destination of choice.
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements. Contact us at 1-888-556-6462, email@example.com or visit our website for more information. www.komnetworks.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.