New solution for end-to-end data management will be shown in the SNIA Interoperability and Solutions Demo at SNW Fall 2002
Ottawa, ON Canada – October 24, 2002
KOM Networks, Inc., a leader in innovative data management software solutions, today announced the release of KOMworx Data Manager, a first-of-its-kind software product that helps enterprises to make the most of the storage resources they already have, and create a strategic platform for managing future growth. KOMworx DM combines the best aspects of storage virtualization, resource management, policy-driven data storage and migration with patented data protection technologies to provide a complete, end-to-end data management solution:
- Consolidation of storage resources from multiple vendors, on multiple topologies over multiple interconnects to create a single, easy-to-manage, Virtual Volume. The patented KOMworx Virtual Filesystem supports storage that is Host-, LAN- and SAN-attached, and all transport protocols including SCSI, FibreChannel, Gigabit Ethernet, SoIP, iSCSI and InfiniBand.
- Automatic provisioning of storage resources from the Virtual Volume to the applications that need them, when they need them, increasing storage utilization and load balancing that results in lower costs and significantly higher performance.
- Virtual Volumes provide a single namespace enabling applications and users to continue to store data while allowing administrators to transparently control where and how the files are stored without impacting the data path.
- Seamless growth and contraction of storage as new devices are added and old ones are retired.
- Policy-based File Lifecycle Management automatically and transparently stores and moves data to the most appropriate and cost-effective storage resource, anywhere within the n-tier architecture of the Virtual Volume, based on the type of file, its application, its age and other attributes.
- KOMworx DM can set storage repositories in Archival Mode, Read-Only Mode and Freeze Mode to provide new levels of data protection.
- KOMworx Data Manager also manages the migration of files to automated archival storage devices, such as Magneto-Optical and DVD-RAM libraries.
"Most storage management solutions today are more static in nature, presenting information about the current state of the network or usage patterns of assets, but few actually take very specific actions on the data based on the information they gather" said Nancy Marrone, a senior analyst at Enterprise Storage Group. "Integrating automated storage management with policy-driven file management will enable organizations to intelligently manage the growth and performance of their storage networks while cutting the costs of managing their data."
"We believe that successful data management requires creating a tight relationship between storage resources and the applications that use them," said Dr. Taher Shaath, CEO of KOM Networks. "Our building blocks approach to KOMworx DM enables us to incorporate the key elements of storage resource management with file lifecycle management to provide an end-to-end data management solution. This ground-breaking technology will help enterprises gain control over the management of their data storage, making the best use of what they have today and easily scaling as their capacity requirements grow in the future."
KOMworx DM is available immediately for Windows NT and Windows2000 servers, and pricing starts at $5,000. For more information, please visit www.komnetworks.com.
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements. Contact us at 1-888-556-6462, email@example.com or visit our website for more information. www.komnetworks.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.