KOM Networks raises the bar on Security; boosts Data Security & File Retention for Compliance Solutions
KOMworx latest release redefines data security standards focusing on privacy and government regulations
Ottawa, ON Canada – November 17, 2005
KOM Networks, Inc., a global leader of storage management software solutions providing Compliance, Archiving and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), today announced the availability of KOMworx version 5.10; Fixed Content Archiving software with enhanced security features, extended file & directory protection and privacy access control providing resilient and robust data security solutions.
"Customers require secure systems delivering compliance, archiving and data retention," said Dr. Taher Shaath, Chief Executive Officer of KOM Networks. "We have long understood and provided comprehensive data security as part of our storage management software solutions. With KOMworx enterprises can leverage existing storage to secure and archive information across multiple platforms and disparate storage devices," he continued.
KOMworx delivers uncompromised data security, redefining industry standards in Enterprise data archiving, security and protection. KOMworx features include:
- e-WORM: Transforms standard disk drives into non-rewriteable, non-erasable storage media satisfying both best practices and the most stringent government regulations in achieving compliance.
- e-WORM++: Combines high performance disk storage with the permanence of removable WORM media providing performance and added security.
- Robust Security: Protects files against malicious acts and accidental deletion or modifications due to application or user errors.
- Electronic Data Shredding: Offers secure erasure & shredding of deleted or obsolete files on both hard disk and Compliant WORM media to conform to data security regulations such as DoD 5015.2.
- Privacy Access Control: Secures files by eliminating the browsing and searching for files. Adding advanced security protecting access information in compliance with privacy laws and acts such as HIPAA, SOX and others.
As enterprises across various industries, such as healthcare and financial, move to protect sensitive customer and corporate information, they require secure storage environments that are reliable, consistent and privacy enabled. KOMworx latest release provides a policy based, privacy enabled framework ensuring data archiving is safe and meets critical business and regulatory requirements for security.
Available in multiple editions, KOMworx can help meet various data archiving and retention requirements. For additional information on KOMworx, please contact KOM Networks or a KOMunity channel partner.
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements. Contact us at 1-888-556-6462, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information. www.komnetworks.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.