New Release of OptiStorm® 2.5
State-of-the-Art Optical Jukebox Management Software for Windows NT
Ottawa, ON Canada – January 1, 1998
KOM Networks is pleased to announce the latest release of its industry-leading product, OptiStorm™ 2.5, an optical storage manager designed exclusively for Windows NT. OptiStorm™ was built on KOM Networks' 15 years of specialization in optical storage technology and its experience with more than 6000 site installations. From its initial release in mid-1997, OptiStorm™ set the performance standard for optical jukebox software. This latest release incorporates important new features that improve OptiStorm's™ ease-of-use and boost performance even further:
- Large graphical icons
- Windows Explorer look and feel
- "Raw access" capability for the SDK/API
These additions plus numerous minor enhancements make OptiStorm™ the fastest, most stable device driver in the industry. In addition to the many advanced features not found as a single package within the industry, OptiStorm™ has some additional features in its design that makes it unique. ONLY the KOM optical storage management software is integrated at the device drive level and is the only one that is 100% NTFS (WinNT File system) compliant. KOM Networks does not use a proprietary file system, hence integration of this software is completely transparent and seamless. Some of the advanced features that OptiStorm™ 2.5 optical storage manager includes are:
- Support of all major brands of 3.5", 5.25", 12" & 14" optical rewritable and ablative WORM for jukeboxes and stand-alone drives
- Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0
- Advanced Windows GUI results in an easy installation, configuration & management
- Native file system for NTFS and FAT including attributes such as security and data integrity and supports FAT
- The most intelligent and highly sophisticated caching system providing optional magnetic (RAID) caching for level 2 HSM functionality
- Standard network access from all clients including PC, Mac, UNIX and PowerMac
- Volume spanning within the jukebox
- API interface library "SDK" for developers
- Multithreaded – the ability to manage and manipulate multiple drives
- Provides volume labeling
- Backward compatibility to all KOM software products.
About KOM Networks
KOM Networks is a world leading provider of flexible, secure data archiving and storage management software. Over 10,000 of the world's leading corporations have recognized KOM Networks as the most logical, unobtrusive and secure way to store, access and protect their data. KOM is enabling enterprises large and small a cost effective way to improve productivity and meet compliance requirements without altering their network infrastructure or daily business routines. The industry pioneer holds vital industry patents for electronic file lifecycle management, virtual file management and eWORM fixed content hard disk archiving. Find out how KOM Networks can help you implement a comprehensive information lifecycle solution to optimize your existing storage environment and meet your compliance requirements. Contact us at 1-888-556-6462, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information. www.komnetworks.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.