The Sales Associate role is to accelerate sales opportunities through the pipeline in order to assist the sales team in achieving annual targets. The Sales Associate bridges the gap between Marketing and Sales by nurturing (or maintaining regular contact with) marketing-qualified opportunities in a particular industry. The Sales Associate works with the Marketing team to pass sales-qualified opportunities to the sales team (or Account Manager) to assist in the achievement of annual industry sales targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience in a B-to-B sales and marketing environment
- Experience with CRM systems
- Ability to discuss technology solutions peer-to-peer with industry prospects
- Ability to gather business intelligence
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High level of patience, focus, and accountability
- Proven success in a B-to-B sales and marketing environment
- Experience with marketing automation systems and methodologies
- 5% to 10%
- Maintain regular contact with marketing-qualified opportunities in a particular industry to ensure KOM is top of mind with prospects as their purchasing decisions evolve.
- Regular contact includes emails, phone calls, demos, webinars and other relevant activities
- Performance will be measured on (1) the number of opportunities passed to Account Managers and (2) annual license revenue generation by the industry team. Each Sales Associate will be expected to meet or exceed objectives outlined in their performance bonus plan
- Attend training to further develop knowledge and skill sets as well as relevant industry expertise. Training includes:
- Participating in demand generation training to learn new sales techniques
- Increasing knowledge of KOM solutions through participation in relevant events
- Shadowing Account Managers on sales appointments, conference calls and webinars to gain industry sales expertise.